Wednesday 6 August 2014

Back!

Hi All!

After a much needed hiatus, I'm back into full writing and creative mode! In May, I was suffering from burn out and took a much needed break from work and jumped on a flight to Mexico! We stayed    in some town just outside of Playa Del Carmen. Our resort was fantastic and crazy huge! We had to take golf carts from the lobby to our room everyday. The grounds were immense and filled with animals at every turn. There were peacocks and coati everywhere! I did manage to scratch one of my items off my bucket list and that was a trip to Chichen Itza. It was good but not great, I have to admit I was pretty miserable that day from all the rain! Of all the beautiful days in Mexico, it had to rain the one day we set out to visit the main reason for our visit! It poured and poured and I froze! Not fun! I'll see if I can post some pictures later!

Some other news! I've stopped working on the weekends and it's been great! I thought I'd be a lot poorer from it but I'm a lot happier and less stressed out. And luckily, karma has blessed me with some great gigs that balance out my loss of income. I've started sewing hardcore again, which is really nice! I get to be creative and relieve stress all at the same time. Unfortunately, I've been going a little nuts at the 50% off sale at Fabricland and picked up a bunch of items. And funny enough! I made a bag for Winton's karate sticks and had a crapload of orders coming in for my bag. So, I basically covered most of my sewing expenses. Lately, I've been making tons of baby items like burp clothes, newborn bibs, regular sized bibs, baprons and even some superman style capes with the child's letter. Is it just me, or do you guys notice that every single child in your life seems to have a birthday so close to each other?

I've also been making diaper cakes lately! I've learned to make baby stroller shaped one and owl shaped ones. They are very very cool! And I've had a few orders to fill, so that helps in all my cost for fabric and materials.

Money wise, we've been spending a ton more on fresh produce at Costco to blend our nutribullet breakfasts and we've eaten more cleanly lately. It's hard to get off the pizza and pasta train but consuming so much veggies and healthy stuff right off the bat in the mornings, I don't feel so bad eating like crap here or there. We've been cooking more at home lately and using fresh cuts of meats etc. instead of copping out and buying frozen this or that. Coupled with our goal to swim more often, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this healthy lifestyle. Mind you, we are still couponing and price matching what we can at the stores. It just seems more practical and economical to shop at Costco every other time and grab three large tubs of Greek yogurt for $10, that would last us about a week. Than to buy one tub for about $5-6 that would last us a couple days.

Well, this has been what I've been up to! Hopefully, you all have been doing well and saving money while enjoying the summer!

Eros And Pookie

No comments:

Post a Comment