Friday 2 August 2013

Shopping Deals Aug 2, 2013 and Update!

Hiya Folks!

So, no regular grocery shopping this week! Instead, we had a pricey Costco trip to stock up on lots of stuff! We got things like soap in bulk, Oikos greek yogurt for cheap, and a pretty cool down jacket for the fall. Best part of the coat was that it can be rolled up really small, so it's good for travelling/hiking. All in all, it was a very expensive week! About $400 in total! I swear it's such a trap in there and you can't leave without spending $200 minimum! It just sucks cause they have so many great things in there! I guess in a way, I'm glad they only take Amex which I don't have so that saves me a lot by having to pay for everything by cash or debit.

This week, I'm looking forward to getting some snacks like always! I figure it's better to snack on sale and at home then keep going out and buying over priced snacks. They also come in handy when we head out to the drive in or free movies in the park! If I'd had to pick, the number one thing I'm waiting to grab is the Bio Life detergent from Shoppers. It's clearly not going back on sale of $3.77 like it was over a year ago, so I'll have to live with $5.99 instead of the regular $8-$9 it normally is. I'll probably pick up at least five bottles to hold us over till the next sale. Is it just me or do you find you do way more laundry in the summer than you do in the winter? I mean considering you wear less clothes in the summer, but there always seems laundry needs to be done all the time. Strange, huh?!

As for my goals for saving for my trip... it's going along really well! I still haven't heard from those guys at Questrade, so now I'm looking to do business elsewhere. I'm even considering the dreaded "financial advisor" from some company to get me started. I don't particularly like financial advisors, since they only advise you on what's best for them commission wise. But, I am eager to just get started and I can always figure out more stuff later. I've also been googling plenty of fee only advisors, which are way better for you but really pricey since they work by the hour and don't sell their company products. I don't want my savings eaten up fees! I'll let you know on what I decide. Ok, let's see what the dealio is on sale this week!



My Weekly Shopping

No Frills
- chapman's novelties or sundaes $1.97
- red or green seedless grapes $.97/lb
- dove soap bar or body wash $2.97(different $2 coupons wub2 from smart source)
- grace island soda 2/$1
- 11 lb watermelon $2.88
- country harvest $2.27
- chicken leg quarters $1.67/lb

Walmart
- neilson milk $3.97
- chicken breast 5pk $9
- crispers $1
- bananas $.57/lb
- creamsicle $3
- ketchup $3
- Hilroy paper $.15

Shoppers Drug Mart
- Biolife detergent $5.99
Sat/sun
- crest 3d white toothpaste $1.67 ($1 brandsaver)

Price Chopper
- schneiders juicy jumbo or shopsy's all beef frankfurters $2
- nestle sundae $2
- kettle cooked lays $2
- Europes best veggies $2
- Nutrigrain soft baked $2
- vh sauce $2 ($1 smartsource)
- tetley 20-24 $2
- triscuits $2
- pogo 4 $2
- Bartlett pear $1/lb
- corn 5pk $2
- deli fresh $2

Freshco
- nestle sundae $2
- schneiders or shopsy's hotdogs $2
- kettle Cooked lays $2
- Europes best veggies $2
- soft baked Nutrigrain $2
- vh sauces $2 ($1 smartsource flyer)
- tetley tea 20-24 bags $2
- pogo 4pk $2
- Bartlett pear $1/lb
- deli fresh $2
- corn 5pk $2

Fortinos 
- corn 10 for $1.99

Superstore
- chapman's $2
- bananas $.57
- buitoni pizza $3.98 ($1 mailed coupon or Free pizza coupon)
- corn 8 for $2
- Cheetos/smartfood $2

Giant Tiger
- Tostitos chips or salsa $1.88
- pogo 20 $7.99

Sobeys
- corn 8 for $1.99

Food Basics
- mushrooms $.75
- corn 6/$1
- iogo $.88 ($.75 go coupons)
- Heinz ketchup 1.5L $3.99
- fruit loops, mini wheats, Rice Krispies $4.99 (has $5 free gift card for gas)
- ziploc $2.99 (buy 2 get one free smartsource)
- Bartlett $.97/lb
- red or golden apples $.97/lb
- Dempster's $1.99

Eros and Pookie

No comments:

Post a Comment