Thursday 9 February 2012

Crafty Ideas...

Hi everyone!

I find that I've become really addicted to this new site called Pinterest. It's amazing! Especially, since I like to make crafts and just anything that is do it yourself. I've gotten some really great ideas on cooking, baking, and home made gifts. I can't wait to do all of them! I'm a novice when it comes to these things but their so fun and creative!

I'm currently working on a couple of crayon rolls to keep around the house as a last minute gift. This was an awesome gift idea I made just this past Christmas. I made them for several kids ages 1 1/2 to 4 years old. Depending on age, I used either crayons or cute little washable markers.



These were adorable, easy to make and loved by both parents and kids. It makes a good travel companion to keep kids occupied when you're out and about. I hand sewed these since I don't own a machine nor have the space for one. Each of these rolls took me about a couple days to make. I double stitched everything to make sure that they lasted. If you've got machine, I'm sure you can make one within an hour or so.

Here's the link if you'd like to try to make this yourself.
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/

With my left over fabric I'm going to attempt to to make this plush puppy as practice for next Christmas or possibly a birthday.

Link to Plush Puppy
http://www.craftpassion.com/2010/08/sewing-puppy-plush-toy-tutorial-pattern.html




No comments:

Post a Comment